INTERNSHIPS AT WORLDCHICAGO
INTERNSHIPS AT WORLDCHICAGO
Internships are open for Spring/Summer January 2023 - International Youth Leadership and Adult Participant US State Department Programs
Assist in the planning and implementing U.S. Department of State-sponsored Youth Leadership Exchange Programs for international high school and college students and Adults. Day-to-day tasks include:
· Research local resources for select program themes
· Coordinate adult and youth-focused meetings, discussions, field visits, and tours around select program themes
· Assist with recruitment and screening of homestay hosts
· Prepare local program and orientation packets
· Assist with orientation, team-building activities, and program evaluation
· Accompany international youth to educational and cultural activities in Chicago
· Assist with program documentation, including photography and social media posts
Internships are open for Spring/Summer January 2023 - Marketing, Events & Outreach
Assist in the management of events, community outreach, public relations, social media strategy, and WorldChicago fundraising initiatives. Day-to-day tasks include:
· Assist in developing outreach strategies, booking venues, event registration, and speaker correspondence for programs
· Research and propose new ideas for programs
· Support event planning of major fundraisers
· Assist with marketing and publicizing of events
· Research and follow up on new ways to market WorldChicago programs
· Update WorldChicago Facebook and Twitter pages
To apply for an internship, please submit a current resume and one-page cover letter (Word or PDF) that addresses why you are applying for the internship, your relevant experience, and the skills or experience you are most interested in gaining through the internship. Also, specify the semester you are applying for; your preferred start and end date; and the days and number of hours per week that you are available.
Applicants must possess excellent writing, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Research, event planning, marketing, and social media experience a plus. Internships are unpaid, but WorldChicago can offer course credit.
Submit your resume and cover letter to Michael Ma, email@example.com. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
To apply, email a cover letter and résumé to Donna Sadlicki at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual Internships are offered in the Winter/Spring, Summer, and Fall terms and fall under three broad tracks: International Programs, Youth Programs, and Events & Outreach. Interns are expected to commit to one full semester with the possibility to extend. Internships are unpaid, but course credit is available.
Your unrestricted gift helps us create more opportunities to bring the world to Chicago, and Chicago to the world.Support Us