Marketing & Development Manager
WorldChicago seeks a full-time dynamic marketing professional who is enthusiastic about fundraising and promoting citizen diplomacy and cultural exchange. The Marketing & Development Manager’s primary responsibilities include communicating WorldChicago’s mission and programs to diverse audiences, overseeing donor prospecting and engagement, and planning fundraisers and community events.
WorldChicago is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to facilitate citizen diplomacy initiatives between Chicagoans and U.S. government-sponsored international visitors; enhance respect and communication through international exchanges and alliances; and promote Chicago and the U.S. as centers of business, education, and culture. A member of Global Ties U.S., WorldChicago has served as Chicago’s official host for Department of State-sponsored programs since 1952. In 2018, WorldChicago designed and implemented over 68 programs for emerging leaders from 137 countries. WorldChicago has a proven record of implementing dynamic exchange programs for emerging leaders ages 15-50 on themes ranging from peacebuilding to public health and entrepreneurship.
• Serve as the Fundraising team lead for the WorldChicago team, managing all donor communication and outreach
• Monitor fundraising progress and report results with recommendations quarterly to the Board Income Development Committee
• Work to develop a long-term donor engagement strategy that includes diverse funding sources
Outreach & Communication
• Write and design weekly newsletters and e-blasts; Maintain distribution list
• Develop and manage WorldChicago’s social media strategy
• Lead public relations initiatives
• Coordinate, promote, and execute all of WorldChicago’s fundraising events including the Spring Diplomacy Luncheon and Fall Cultural Fundraiser
• Assist with programming, as needed, for international delegations
• Serve as a liaison to the programming team for the recruitment of homestay and hospitality hosts
Skills & Qualifications
WorldChicago seeks candidates with:
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3 to 5 years of experience in marketing, communications, development, or related field
• Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
• Interest in international affairs
• Strong organizational skills, flexibility, self-motivation, and comfort working in a small team
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Experience with Constant Contact, websites and eTapestry preferred
• Demonstrated interest in international affairs
• Familiar with nonprofit work
• Graphic Design a plus
WorldChicago offers a competitive salary, based on experience, and comprehensive benefits package, including excellent health and dental plan. The organization is an equal opportunity employer and seeks diversity in its workplace.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume via email only to Peggy Parfenoff, President at email@example.com.
Application Deadline: July 26, 2019
Fall 2019 or Winter/Spring 2019 internships are available.
WorldChicago offers a unique opportunity for college students, graduate students, and recent grads with an interest in international affairs to gain hands-on experience and insight into citizen and public diplomacy initiatives of the U.S. government. Interns are integral members of the WorldChicago team. Through a mix of short- and long-term projects, interns develop their communications, research, events, nonprofit, and public diplomacy skills.
Internships are offered in the Winter/Spring, Summer, and Fall terms and fall under three broad tracks: International Programs, Youth Programs, and Events & Outreach. Interns are expected to commit to one full semester with the possibility to extend. Internships are unpaid, but course credit is available.