Your next international experience
may be a lot closer than you think.
Give our international visitors a warm Chicago welcome – you just may be sharing a meal and forging a friendship with a future President or Prime Minister!
Homestay Hosts provide housing for our international visitors for projects ranging from a week to a month. You’ll discover the unique experience of learning about new cultures up close with a new friend from around the globe. Homestay hosts open their hearts and homes to our international adult and youth visitors for short-term programs ranging from one week to one month.
Upcoming Homestay Host Opportunities for 2018:
- Professional Fellowship Programs: April – May
- Youth Leadership Programs: July – August
Sign-up to host
Is this your first time homestay hosting with WorldChicago? Please complete our New Host application:
Are you a returning host? Please update your information:
Why become a homestay host?
● Forge life-long friendships
● Learn about new cultures, new cuisine, and new languages
● Be a tourist in your own town
● Introduce your kids to bright, motivated, curious international “siblings”
● Meet emerging young leaders making an impact in government, civil society, and innovations abroad
● Contribute directly to strengthening U.S. foreign relations
Hospitality Hosts invite our international delegations to their home for an American dinner experience. What better way to interact with a new culture than through a meal? Hospitality Hosts build deeper connections around your kitchen table.
Upcoming Hospitality Host Opportunities:
Email IVLP@worldchicago.org to host one of our upcoming delegations to dinner.
Why Get Involved?
World Figure Skating Champion and U.S. Department of State Senior Advisor Michelle Kwan shares many ways you can get involved in exchanges — right here at home.