See your world through someone else’s eyes.
WorldChicago homestay hosts open their homes to our international adult and youth visitors for short-term homestays ranging from one week to one month. As a homestay host you take on a special role as a cultural ambassador, with a unique opportunity to share our American culture and at the same time learn about another part of the world. Homestay hosts provide a bed and most meals, but more importantly welcome your visitors as members of the family.
Why become a homestay host?
● Forge life-long friendships
● Learn about new cultures, new cuisine, and new languages
● Be a tourist in your own town
● Introduce your kids to bright, motivated, curious international “siblings”
● Meet emerging young leaders making an impact in government, civil society, and innovations abroad
● Contribute directly to strengthening U.S. foreign relations
Sign-up to host
Is this your first time homestay hosting with WorldChicago? Please complete our New Host application:
Are you a returning host? Please update your information:
Upcoming opportunities – Currently there are no programs that need homestay hosts. Please sign up for future programs in 2018.
Past Programs 2017 ADULT VISITORS
All programs sponsored by the U.S. Department of State
- April 28–May 29: Tech Entrepreneurship Professional Fellows from Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, & Slovenia
- April 27–May 29: Legislative & NGO Professional Fellows from Eastern Europe, Central Asia, & Southeast Asia
- May 26–June 19: Russian Business Leaders
Past Programs 2017 YOUTH VISITORS
- July 20–August 3: Iraqi Young Leaders Exchange Program
- August 13–21: London, UK Youth Dialogue Program
To learn about these and other hosting opportunities, please contact Brian Peckrill at email@example.com or 312-254-1800 x100.
Meet youth visitors from the United Kingdom and Iraq and hear first-hand about their experiences in Chicago with their host families.
“Working with WorldChicago has changed me and my family in a very positive way by making the world a smaller place.” – Homestay Host