See your world through someone else’s eyes.
WorldChicago homestay hosts open their homes to our international adult and youth visitors for short-term homestays ranging from one week to one month. As a homestay host you take on a special role as a cultural ambassador, with a unique opportunity to share our American culture and at the same time learn about another part of the world. Homestay hosts provide a bed and most meals, but more importantly welcome your visitors as members of the family.
Why become a homestay host?
● Forge life-long friendships
● Learn about new cultures, new cuisine, and new languages
● Be a tourist in your own town
● Introduce your kids to bright, motivated, curious international “siblings”
● Meet emerging young leaders making an impact in government, civil society, and innovations abroad
● Contribute directly to strengthening U.S. foreign relations
Sign-up to host
Is this your first time homestay hosting with WorldChicago? Please complete our New Host application:
Are you a returning host? Please update your information:
Upcoming opportunities – Currently there are no programs that need homestay hosts. Please sign up for future programs in 2018.
Current 2018 YOUTH VISITORS Opportunities
- July 24–August 7: Iraqi Young Leaders Exchange Program
- July 20-22: Saudi Young Leaders Exchange Program
- July 19-28: UK-US Youth Dialogue Program
- Dates to be determined: Jovenes en Accion (Youth in Action)
Past Programs 2017 ADULT VISITORS
All programs sponsored by the U.S. Department of State
- April 28–May 29: Tech Entrepreneurship Professional Fellows from Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, & Slovenia
- April 27–May 29: Legislative & NGO Professional Fellows from Eastern Europe, Central Asia, & Southeast Asia
- May 26–June 19: Russian Business Leaders
To learn about these and other hosting opportunities, please contact Brian Peckrill at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-254-1800 x100.
Meet youth visitors from the United Kingdom and Iraq and hear first-hand about their experiences in Chicago with their host families.
“Working with WorldChicago has changed me and my family in a very positive way by making the world a smaller place.” – Homestay Host