See your world through someone else’s eyes.
WorldChicago homestay hosts open their homes to our international adult and youth visitors for short-term homestays ranging from one week to one month. As a homestay host you take on a special role as a cultural ambassador, with a unique opportunity to share our American culture and at the same time learn about another part of the world. Homestay hosts provide a bed and most meals, but more importantly welcome your visitors as members of the family.
Why become a homestay host?
● Forge life-long friendships
● Learn about new cultures, new cuisine, and new languages
● Be a tourist in your own town
● Introduce your kids to bright, motivated, curious international “siblings”
● Meet emerging young leaders making an impact in government, civil society, and innovations abroad
● Contribute directly to strengthening U.S. foreign relations
Sign-up to host
Is this your first time homestay hosting with WorldChicago? Please complete our New Host application:
Are you a returning host? Please update your information:
2017 ADULT VISITORS
All programs sponsored by the U.S. Department of State
- April 27–May 29: Tech Entrepreneurship Professional Fellows from Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, & Slovenia
- April 27–May 29: Legislative & NGO Professional Fellows from Eastern Europe, Central Asia, & Southeast Asia
- May 26–June 19: Russian Business Leaders
2017 YOUTH VISITORS
- July 20–August 3: Iraqi Young Leaders Exchange Program
- August 13–21: London, UK Youth Dialogue Program
To learn about these and other hosting opportunities, please contact Maria Krasinski: email@example.com or 312.254.1800 x102.
Meet youth visitors from the United Kingdom and Iraq and hear first-hand about their experiences in Chicago with their host families.
“Working with WorldChicago has changed me and my family in a very positive way by making the world a smaller place.” – Homestay Host